Buying a home can be a little intimidating. We understand. That's why you need a local mortgage lender like STAR. We're with you every step of the way - from the loan application process through closing and beyond.
After you have collected the items below, a STAR home loan specialist will meet with you to go over the information together. Once approved, STAR will issue you a commitment letter verifying your buying authority. You can use this commitment letter in your home buying search.
- Copy of fully executed sales contract, including Sales Disclosures and Lead Paint Disclosures
- Copies of your last two-months bank statements
- Copies of your last two-month statements on stocks, bonds, retirement accounts, etc.
- Copies of your most recent pay stubs covering previous 30 days
- Copies of your W-2 forms for the last two years
- Signed copies of your individual tax returns for the last two years (if self-employed or commissioned)
- Signed copies of your corporate tax returns for the last two years, including K - 1's (if self-employed)
- Current balance sheet and YTD profit and loss statement signed by preparer (if self-employed)
- Copy of fully executed Gift Letter, copy of cashier's check and proof of deposit, if applicable
- Letter of explanation concerning previous credit history and/or job changes
- Check for $375 made out to STAR Financial Bank to cover appraisal fee
- Prior title papers and copy of Homeowners Insurance and survey (refinances)