As a local community bank, we have an active social media presence to help us stay connected with you and serve you better. We encourage everyone to:
- Stay on topic, use common courtesy and be respectful of others
- Submit your own original content and avoid content you suspect to be fraudulent
- Only post someone else's copyrighted work if you have permission
- Never post personal, identifying or confidential information
Because our social pages are public and anyone can participate, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own. Our employees moderate our social pages during regular business hours. We'll make every effort to respond in a timely manner; however, we can't guarantee that we'll reply to every comment.
If you have a question about your STAR Bank account(s), please contact a STAR Customer Solutions representative using one of our secure channels below:
STAR Bank has a presence in various social media/social networking channels and may occasionally identify and respond to customers seeking assistance with general banking-related questions. However, for your own privacy and security, it is highly recommended that you avoid using social media for account-related inquiries.
Social Page Review Policy
All comments, posts and tweets will be monitored and reviewed by STAR Bank employees to ensure that they comply with our policies and do not compromise our customers’ privacy and security. We reserve the right to delete comments or posts that we deem are abusive, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate. Please note:
- Our social page is a place for conversations between and among individuals and STAR Bank, and is not a substitute channel for services or general questions. Please visit starfinancial.com to learn more about specific products and services.
- Our social page may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- Our social page is also not to be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious e-mails should be forwarded to email@example.com. If you would like to make a report, please call (888) 395-2447 and a STAR Customer Solutions representative can help you.
- STAR Financial Bank reserves the right to ban any user from our page without prior written notice or consent for violations of community policies. Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature, or instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
Comment and Posting Policy
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite conversation, and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. We may delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive or unrelated.
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material of any kind — including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language.
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity or organization.
- Discriminatory or that contains hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
- False, inaccurate, libelous or otherwise misleading in any way.
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user's computer.
For the benefit of lively discussion, we ask that comments always relate to the topic within the post and/or tweet. While we welcome reasonable critiques, we may delete negative comments about STAR Financial Bank and/or our competitors that aren't relevant and don't add to the overall experience. We may delete comments we deem to be off topic, including solicitations.
Links to Third-Party Sites
We may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we think you'll find the information to be beneficial. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the site or company. We cannot guarantee that the content found on these third-party sites will remain accurate and up-to-date. The views expressed on these sites do not reflect those of STAR Financial Bank.
Privacy and Security Policies
You are subject to STAR Financial Bank’s Terms and Conditions as well as those of each social media/social networking site. To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information, such as Social Security numbers, account numbers, phone numbers or e-mail addresses in any comment or post. If you do include personally identifiable information in your comment, your comment or post may be deleted.